Vanilla Coffee Protein Bars - No Bake
Holy Moly these are amazing! Ok so you all know by now that I am obsessed with coffee. Probably a little too much but whatcha gonna do right? If you love coffee you will need to try these. Seriously though.... I am not even kidding you guys.
- 1/2 cup almond butter (substitute any nut butter)
- 2/3 cup Almond Meal or Coconut flower
- 1/4 cup Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds (substitute for any nut)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (can substitute honey)
- Sometimes I add more because I love sweet stuff :)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 table spoons of ground coffee (if you want them stronger add 4 tablespoons)
- Note: if the mixture seems too dry you can add 1 tablespoon of water at a time in order to get the right consistency. The mixture should be somewhat moist.
- Chop nuts in a food processor
- Transfer to large bowl and add in all remaining ingredients
- Mix well
- Use a Pyrex 7x5 pan and line it with wax or parchment paper. You can also coat it with coconut oil spray
- Pour mixture into pan. Flatten out with hands.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour
- Cut into 12 squares
If you are going to make these for backpacking I have found that it is best to make them into balls / bites rather than squares. The squares seem to crumble easier and the balls stay intact.
Let me know if you tried this recipe by leaving a comment below. Also, if you love it don't forget to share :)
Wishing you all amazing adventures!