Original Beef Jerky Recipe - Backpacking Recipes
Original Beef Jerky Recipe
Backpacking Recipes and Recipes for Adventures
Seriously you can never have too much jerky! Ok as you all know jerky is my go to snack for adventuring. I love it! It lasts for ever, is easy to make, delicious, healthy, yatta yatta yatta.
So, I wanted to share with you the original beef jerky recipe.
- 1 lb top round steak
- **Note: you can also use different cuts of meat. Try to make sure there isn't too much fat or else your jerky will go bad quickly. You can also use deer, elk, etc.
- Slice meat into 1/4 inch pieces with a sharp knife.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix well with a whisk.
- Place meat into a glass container. I use this 6 cup glass pyrex bowl.
- Pour marinade ingredients over the meat. Make sure that the meat is covered well.
- Cover with a lid, and marinate 12-48 hours. *Note: The longer you marinate the meat the more flavor it will have.
- Place in a mesh dehydrator tray. *Note: I always use a non stick cover over the tray. If you don't have one you are going to want to spray your tray lightly with coconut oil.
- Dehydrate at 165°F for 6-8 hours. Note: Keep an eye on your jerky to make sure it doesn't get too dry. When it looks cooked and bends instead of snaps then it is ready! I put mine in while I sleep. Typically when I get up in the morning it is ready :)
Makes 8 servings.
I hope you all enjoyed this recipe. Don't forget to share this one with your friends! Did you make the recipe? Leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you.
Wishing you nothing but awesome adventures,
Adventuring of a Small Town Girl
Looking for more yummy backpacking recipes? Check these out: