Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe - My Moms Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
My Moms Chicken Noodle Soup
It is winter!!! Fall has come and gone, Thanksgiving is behind us, and now we are looking ahead at Christmas, winter, and cold weather!
This recipe makes two servings.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 Chicken Breast or about 12 ounces of turkey ( I prefer turkey)
- 3 Carrots
- 3 Sticks of Celery
- 1/2 purple onion
- 2-3 Red Potatoes (3 if they are small)
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup brown rice penne pasta
- Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Tapioca Starch (or Corn starch) *Optional
Step 1: Cook Chicken
- Heat up cast iron pan on medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- While pan is heating up, cut chicken breast into bite size pieces.
- Cook Chicken Breast in the pan until fully cooked. Season with a dash of salt and pepper.
**to speed things up... while chicken is cooking bring 2 cups of water to a boil and begin working on step 2**
Step 2: Slice Vegetables
- Slice celery and carrots into rounds
- Chop onion into small pieces
- Slice red potatoes into bite size squares
Step 3: Make Soup
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a pot
- Once boiling add celery, carrots, and onions
- Season with a dash of salt and pepper (I would say 1/8th teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper but it depends on how sensitive you are to both)
- Boil for 5 minutes
- Add potatoes and chicken
- Boil until potatoes are soft
- Add butter
- Add brown rice penne pasta.
- Boil until noodles are soft
- Let sit for 10 minutes
- Makes 2.5 servings
**Optional: If you want to make the soup thicker add a table spoon of cornstarch. HINT: You have to mix the tapioca starch (or cornstarch) with a little bit of water prior to adding it to the soup or else it will get lumpy. Add mixture after you add brown rice noodles (step 9) **
Don't forget to share this with your friends and make sure to comment below if you have tried it.
Wishing you all nothing beautiful days :)
Adventuring of a Small Town Girl