Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bites - No Bake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bites
Finding healthy, lightweight meals that actually taste good are pretty difficult to find. For backpacking, if you can get over 100 calories per ounce you are doing good. Well these little protein energy bites are perfect for lightweight easy snacks or small meals while on the go!
Each ball is 1.4 ounces which is about 120 calories per ounce.
- 1 cup dates
- 1/4 cup of peanuts (unsalted)
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter (no salt)
- 3 table spoons of cocoa powder
- 4 scoops or whey protein powder
- 2 tablespoons of water
How to Prepare:
- This recipe makes 10 1.4 ounce balls. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend for 2-4 minutes or until the mixture makes a dough.
- Roll out 10 balls by hand. Make sure they are similar in size and weigh approximately 1.4 ounces.
It is as simple as that! Store in the fridge or freezer.
Here are the Macros per ball via My Fitness Pal:
Calories: 179 |Carbs: 15.6g| Fat: 10.2g | Protein: 10.3g
Wishing you all amazing adventures full of energy!
Adventuring of a Small Town Girl